Monday, March 16, 2009

Sewing machines

What type of the sewing machine you use? I keep wondering if all of us once started with a most simple. I remember my first sewing machine - AIGGER which was more a plastic block with a wheels than a sewing device LOL It would spontaniously break a line in a middle, mix the type of the stitch or just will refuse to work for no apparent reason. I remember sewing ONE dress would take ages because you would be more busy fixint it than sewing :)

Than while starting on a sewing course I met JUKI :)....wonderful working horse. Real industrial power which saves your time enormously! Love the feel of it and if I have a possibility will buy one for myself...



Now I have a gorgeous old PFAFF 1222E which is practically my age but working so perfect I probably would never be able to part with it. My camera is in a fixing now so sadly I had to find just a photo on the internet to share with you...promise will fix it when my camera is back :)

3 comments:

  1. Hi there-
    I have a Husqvarna Viking Sapphire ,I just got for Christmas!I had never had a machine with so many fancy stitches before.I used to always have simple Singers.I still love my old machine tho'.
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use the Baby lock that I got as a High School Graduation present. pretty basic- but it has a needle threader that I don't think I could live without not.

    As a kid I had a toy machine (singer I think) that basically only went forward in a plain stitch. And it was about 1/3 the size of a normal machine-so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first machine was a hand-me-down from my sister that she had bought at a yard sale in 1969! It only went forward and backward!
    Now I graduated to a Bernette Bernina's little sister. ;o)

    ReplyDelete